Last night was the second meeting of the Night Owls, a new women's circle at the church I serve. It's a nice group--we're getting to know one another and figuring out the format and flow of the evenings.
And speaking of groups...
1. Tell us about any group(s) you currently belong to. (e.g. book club, knitting circle, walking buddies, etc.)
2. Do you feel energized or drained by being in a group situation? If the answer is "it depends," on what does it depend?
3. Is there a role you naturally find yourself playing in group situations? That is, do you naturally fall into the leader role, or the one who always makes sure the new person feels welcome, or the quiet one who sits back and lets others shine, or the host?
4. Handshakes vs. hugs: discuss.
5. Ice breakers: a playful way to build community in a lighthearted manner, or a complete and utter hell of forced fun and awkwardness?
Bonus: If you answered "playful and lighthearted," share your favorite ice breaker.
As always, let us know if you played, and a big group hug for all those who link directly:
<a href=http://www.url-goes-here.com>what you want the link to say</a>