As an adult I understand the meaning of good for this day. It is a solemn day of remembrance but it is also a time for us to stop and recall the great gift of love that we received this day. And that is most certainly good.
Our worship today will differ from place to place. Some services will focus on the great litany of prayers. Others will use the seven last words of Jesus. Some of us will walk the stations of the cross. Others will participate in a Tennebrae service of shadows and light.
I hope that this Friday Five will be a meaningful part of your Good Friday. God's blessings to you on your journey.
- Our prayer concerns are as varied as we are this day. For whom would you like us to pray?
- Are there things you have done or will do today to help the young ones understand this important day in our lives?
- Music plays an important part in sharing the story of this day. Is there a hymn or piece of music that you have found particularly meaningful to your celebrations of Good Friday?
- As you hear the passion narrative, is there a character that you particularly resonate with?
- Where have you seen the gracious God of love at work lately?
We hope that you'll share your postings with the rest of us. You can add a link in the comments by using this formulation: <a href="the url of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a>