Back in the day, before I went to seminary, I worked in the Children's Room at the Public Library, and every year we geared up for Summer Reading. Children would come in and record the books read over the summer, and the season included numerous special and celebratory events. As a lifelong book lover and enthusiastic summer reader, I find I still accumulate a pile of books for the summer.
This week, then, a Summer Reading Friday Five.
1) Do you think of summer as a particularly good season for reading? Why or why not?
2) Have you ever fallen asleep reading on the beach?
3) Can you recall a favorite childhood book read in the summertime?
4) Do you have a favorite genre for light or relaxing reading?
5) What is the next book on your reading list?
In the sidebar I've updated our RevGalBookPals schedule through October, so if you are looking for summer reading, look there!
As always, let us know in comments if you play. Post a direct link to your blog entry in your comment using the following formulation: <a href="the url of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a> For a complete how-to, click here.