Friday, August 08, 2008
Friday Five - God Days of Summer
It’s August. An oppressively hot and humid month where many of us live.
I remember the Al Pacino movie though not much about the plot. Just that it was very, very hot. And he had giant sweat stains on his shirt.
As I pass through this year’s dog days in my felon ridden neighborhood (OK, just two housefuls. But isn’t that enough?), I am trying to focus on the blessings apparent around me, past and present, that I might not notice, necessarily. In that spirit, this week’s Friday Five goes thusly:
1. What is your sweetest summer memory from childhood? Did it involve watermelon or hand cranked ice cream? Or perhaps a teen summer romance. Which stands out for you?
2. Describe your all time favorite piece of summer clothing. The one thing you could put on in the summer that would seem to insure a cooler, more excellent day.
3. What summer food fills your mouth with delight and whose flavor stays happily with you long after eaten?
4. Tell us about the summer vacation or holiday that holds your dearest memory.
5. Have you had any experience(s) this summer that has drawn you closer to God or perhaps shown you His wonder in a new way?
Bonus question: When it is really hot, humid and uncomfortable, what do you do to refresh and renew body and spirit?
Leave a comment to let us know you played. If you include a direct link to your blog, you'll likely have more visitors, and here's how to make one. Copy and paste the following: <a href="the url of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a>
For a complete "How To" click here