Friday, February 19, 2010
Friday Five: Happy Lent!
Each year you give us this joyful season when we prepare to celebrate the Paschal Mystery with mind and heart renewed. You give us a spirit of loving reverence for you, our [Mother]/Father, and of willing service to our neighbor. As we recall the great events that gave us new life in Christ, you bring the image of your Son to perfection within us.... (First Preface for Lent, Roman Missal)
1. Did you celebrate Mardi Gras/Shrove Tuesday this year? Any memories of memorable celebrations past?
2. How about Ash Wednesday, past and/or present?
3. Does your denomination or congregation celebrate "this joyful season"? Any special emphases or practices to share?
4. Do you have a personal plan of give-ups, take-ons, special ministries, and/or a special focus for your own spiritual growth between now and Easter?
5. What is your dream for the image of Christ coming to perfection in you, the church, the world? How can we support you in prayer?
Bonus: Song, prayer, picture, etc. that sums up your feelings about this liturgical springtime.
As always, let us know in comments if you play and visit each other if you can. Post a direct link to your blog entry in your comment using the following formulation in the comment box: <a href="the url of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a> For a complete how-to, click here.
Posted by Dr. Laura Marie Grimes at 12:00 AM