Friday, February 05, 2010
Staving off the gloom; Friday Five
Candlemass is past, and Christmas is well and truly over, here in the UK February looks set to be its usual grey and cold self. Signs of spring are yet to emerge; if like me you long for them perhaps you need ways to get through these long dark days. So lets share a few tips for a cold and rainy/ snowy day....
1. Exercise, what do you do if you can't face getting out into the cold and damp?
2. Food; time to comfort eat, or time to prepare your body for the coming spring/summer?
3. Brainpower; do you like me need to stave off depression, if so how do you do it?
4. How about a story that lifts your spirits, is there a book or film that you return to to stave off the gloom?
5. Looking forward, do you have a favourite spring flower/ is there something that says spring is here more than anything else?
Bonus; post a poem/ piece of music that points to the coming spring......
As always, let us know in comments if you play. Post a direct link to your blog entry in your comment using the following formulation in the comment box: <a href="the url of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a> For a complete how-to, click here.