Visit our new site at

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday Festival: Something New

The RevGalBlogPals, Inc. Board of Directors met on June 7. Among the items discussed was this feature. With the widely-acknowledged downturn in blogging, nominations for the Festival (while greatly appreciated) have been few. It was decided to change the format for future Wednesdays to include a single, featured blog post from one of our ring members. Nominations for featured posts will still be accepted at
Carol Howard Merritt, who blogs at Tribal Church, writes poignantly about "How the Oil Disaster is Tainting our Soul:"

I had a hard time breathing when I saw those pictures; my chest
began heaving when I realized those were birds covered in oil. I felt as if the soul of our nation was drowning in the muck, along with our precious wildlife. You see, for my first job out of seminary, I decided to serve a tiny church in the swamps of Louisiana. I moved to the heart of Cajun country while I was still in my twenties and became a solo pastor of First Presbyterian Church of Abbeville...


You are invited to share your thoughts and your own writing on this topic in the comments. If you would like to include a link to a post,do it like so: <a href="the url of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a>


  1. I'm grateful for Carol's first-person experience of the bayou and the people of Louisiana. Her words are moving.

  2. Thanks for this feature. I confess I am among the less-frequent blogging. I'm trying to be more disciplined. It is truly a spiritual reflective practice!

  3. I have been overwhelmed with the spill and its aftermath. At 50 days in all I could think was this is not a Pentecost. I've finally found a few words in the old words.


You don't want to comment here; instead, come visit our new blog, We'll see you there!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.