What I need to do is give myself permission (make myself) to stop and to refocus, to breath the air and smell the roses to get perspective and to rest in God's presence, and sometimes that can be hard to achieve but I know that the harder it gets, the more essential it becomes. Somewhere deep inside I hear the Spirit whispering to my soul:
Live in me, make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can't bear grapes by itself, but only by being joined to the vine, you can't bear fruit unless you are joined to me... (John 15: 4)
So I want to ask you
1. How do you intentionally make a vital daily connection with God? What roots you and gives you life?
2. Do you have a favourite space/ place that you go to?
3. Is there a particular passage, phrase or prayer that brings you immediately into God's presence?
4. Music- essential ingredient or distraction- discuss
5. Silence and solitude or engagement with like minded others?
Bonus, a poem, piece of inspirational prose or music that speaks to you of that vital connection... As always, let us know in comments if you play. Even better, get in the habit of posting a direct link to your blog entry in your comment, using the following formulation:
<a href="the url of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a>
For a complete how-to, click here.