Friday, November 23, 2012
Friday Five: Leftovers
It's my week to host the Friday Five! :)
So let's think about leftovers today...
1. Leftovers are sometimes a "kitchen surprise" at my house when unlikely combinations just work great! For instance, my mom often made a casserole with leftover chicken/turkey and water chestnuts! What has SURPRISED you in this season of Thanksgiving? It can be culinary, personal or spiritual.
2. Share a recipe or a favorite way to use up all the extra food from a big holiday meal! What's your specialty? Tacos? Pot Pies? Soup? Eggrolls? (It goes without saying -- we want the recipes!)
3. We have a Sunday in between Thanksgiving and Advent this year, (to which all the preachers say, "THANK YOU!") Are you wrapping up Thanksgiving, preaching about Christ the King, or having "leftovers" with someone doing pulpit supply? (I would note that as a seminarian, this was the weekend I was always assigned to preach.)
4. Do you give the holidays their due? Or are you tempted to rush past the fall festivals for a love of Christmas? Because The Johnnie is home from college for the weekend, we will being decorating the house for Christmas. Are you likewise tempted, or are you waiting a week?
5. Is there some THING, some TASK or some ONE who gets the "leftovers" of your attention? Hmmmm... yeah, that one may not be easy to answer
BONUS: A photo of your last holiday spread, family/guests or soup pot. Or those who are begging for the same.
Be sure to let us know in the comments if you play, and post a link right to your blog so we can all visit! Here's how: just type in these letters/symbols, replacing the appropriate section with your blog address and what you want the link to say:
<a href="the URL of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a>
Posted by Deb at 1:42 AM