Those of you who are my friends on Facebook know I've been trying to post Advent music in this season, which is no small trick because, as you well know, it's been "Christmas" since Halloween in the world out there! So today we focus on Advent and its music-- the good, the bad, the new and the as-yet-unheard!
1. First, do you come from a tradition in which the Advent season is embraced? This is not true for all of us. If you do, what is your personal preference? Do you love it or hate it? Embrace it or want it to go away already? How enthusiastically does your church enter into Advent?
2. What is your favorite Advent music? (A tiny hint about mine can be found above.) Link to a favorite piece if you can.
3. What Advent music makes your skin crawl-- or at least annoys you and makes you wish it were Christmas already?
4. Any Advent discoveries or re-discoveries? Again, we love links-- share your music with us!
5. Tell us how your Advent is going this year. Lost in a haze of church busyness? Finding ways to sit quietly in the darkness and wait? Give us your tips for a really rich Advent experience!
Of course, let us know if you've played. Leave your link in the following format:
<a href="the url of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a>
And a blessed continuation of this season to you!