Friday, February 01, 2013
Friday Five: Almost Groundhog Day Edition
I have to admit: I never thought much about Groundhog Day.
Then I saw that movie. And an odd holiday that seems to be a remnant of an obscure Pennsylvania German custom took on all sorts of new meaning.
So, in honor of the movie and the day, I present you with this Almost Groundhog Day Edition of the Friday Five!
1. The Holiday: On a scale of 1-5 (with 1 representing, "Hey! Stop hating on the most awesome season ever!" and 5 representing, "Green. NOW."), how much are you hankering for spring? And what is, to you, a true sign that it is actually on its way?
2. The Film: Seen it? If yes, Love it? Hate it? Meh?
3. The Meaning: If you could relive one day of your life, what one would it be?
4. The Meaning, Part 2: If you had to relive one day of your life over and over until you got something right (a la the Bill Murray character in the film), what day would that be?
5. The Meaning, Part 3: If you had to design a life-changing experience for a fairly despicable human being (as is, for example, the Bill Murray character at the film's start), what would it be? How, given all sorts of unlikely powers to bend time and take control of another person's personal growth, would you do it?
Let us know if you played! Here's the place where you can learn how to leave us a link...
Happy (Almost) Groundhog Day!
Posted by Rev. Patricia Raube at 8:02 AM