Although you won't know this, I am pre-posting this ten days ahead of schedule, because my husband and I are going to be in Washington State during his spring break (from teaching at a local community college). His parents have very recently moved into a senior living facility. We will be staying at their home, which will not have some of the furniture and supplies like we are used to. What I am dreading is no computer, tv or telephone, which also means no wifi connection. This is showing my dependence upon these technologies.
For this Friday Five, let us explore our use of and desire for such items.
1. What types of technologies, like cell phones, computers, tvs, etc., do you routinely use? How frequently?
2. What social media and/or games do you like to play? How often? On which device do you occupy yourself? Which method of social media do you prefer?
3. Do you separate online activities between home and work? Or is it all the same everywhere?
4. Do you have a smart (or I-) phone?
5. What do you wish you had--or do not have--in relation to these devices?
Bonus: What is the difference between your attitude towards these means of technology and a generation older or younger than you?