Recently having driven from Corpus Christi to Houston to Austin and back to Corpus Christi, Texas, we saw the effects of rain and drought on the byways. South Texas is in a severe drought situation, but the route between Houston and Austin was graced with some recent rainfalls so that wildflowers were abundant. Otherwise, there were few to be seen.
With the old adage "April showers bring May flowers," let's look at the weather and vegetation in our home areas to see if any May Flowers will be blooming.
1. What spring flowers and plants do you see? Or will see sometime in the future?
2. What kinds of weather are you experiencing in April?
3. What are the stereotypical harbingers of spring in your area? How about where you grew up?
4. What season do you like best in your home area?
5. What is sprouting or blooming in your life? What do you wish for?
Please remember to put a link in the comments so we will know how to visit your Friday Five. Go here to learn how to do this.