|The view at the end of our Sunrise Service 3-31-2013|
So, for those of us who are either pastors or beloveds of pastors or church folk of any serious commitment (and I can't believe you'd be hanging around RGBP unless one of those! But welcome if you are....), we have all just finished the liturgical equivalent of the Boston Marathon. 26 or so long miles of steady push, followed by a sprint here, a wall there. Only difference is, at a successful conclusion, everybody wins! Which, in my humble opinion, is one of the points of Easter.
But I digress. As I write this I am sitting in a cafe about 400 miles from my church sipping a most excellent latte, waiting to have breakfast with my daughter. This afternoon I fly to see family. After that, several days of study leave..... how about you?
This Friday Five is pretty simple:
1. What, if anything, are you doing to take your Easter season sabbath? Family? Vacation? Study Leave? Some combination of all three?
2. What is your favorite Easter season sabbath of all time?
3. If you're not taking an Easter season sabbath, what is drawing your attention as the Revised Common Lectionary bids us bide awhile with Thomas and gang? Is there a Holy Hilarity service in your future?
4. What would be your ideal Easter season sabbath? If you could go anywhere, do anything, with anybody?
5. Tell the truth now: Any Easter candy left?
This is being automatically posted from far, far away, as I will be in the Grand Tetons (where my dad and brother and family actually live!) without wireless access, and with a family computer in heavy use by high schoolers.... So have fun without me!
As always, let us know you played in the comments, by linking to your post with the following formula! <a href="the url of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a>.