It's your road, and yours alone.
Others may walk it with you,
but no one can walk it for you.
|A road in Bavaria.|
I reflected on this poem for a while and thought about some new "roads" that my progeny are beginning. Both are graduating (one from high school, one from college). I am also looking at a possible new "road" in a much hoped-for job. It's been a winding path to get this point!
So in thinking about our life's journey, and the rhythm of our lives, here's five questions on this theme...
1. What "road" is in your immediate future?
2. Where have you been "traveling" a lot lately -- and are you going back there?
3. Who are your fellow travelers?
4. Who are the unintentional companions (or hitchhikers) that you find on the road with you?
5. As a family, we always recite "the traveler's prayer" -- a tongue-in-cheek petition as we pull out of the driveway ("Lord, whatever we have forgotten, may it not be important!") What have you forgotten lately, and did it matter?
BONUS: Share a photo of a road you've traveled. Or of traveling companions who have made the journey special. Or perhaps there's a song or another poem that suits your journey. If so, please share!
Please let us know if you play by adding your link in the comments! We'd love to journey with you! :)
Use this format to include your post's URL:
<a href="the url of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a>.
P.S. This is a busy week for our family! I'll be in and out all day, but will make sure I catch up with everyone who posts by Saturday!