In honor of the 237th anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of Indpendence, I invite you to participate in today's Independence Day edition of the Friday Five! We'll be looking at all kinds of "independence," so please join in!
1. How does one typically celebrate your native /adopted land's Big National Holiday?
2. How do you personally celebrate the holiday described in #1? Any unusual twists on the typical celebration? Is it something you enjoy or endure?
3. What does the word "independence" mean to you, whether in a political or personal mood? How has that understanding changed throughout your life?
4. When did you first feel that you, personally, had gained independence? Was there a 'rite of passage' you would like to share?
5. Tell us about your favorite "indie" film, music label, book store...
Bonus Question: Is there a time you remember going "against the tide" of advice or precedent, or in some other way? Or perhaps a time you wish you had done so? Share it here!
Let us know in the comments if you have played... We'd love to hear from you!
Use this format to include your post's URL:
<a href="the url of your blog post goes here"> what you want the link to say goes here</a>