Big gentle hugs, soft pillows and heating pads to Will Smama, our resident matriarch and preacher/blogger/procrastinator who was involved in a bit of a fender-bender this week. We're very grateful she's OK, just a little shaken up...
In lieu of flowers, I send this Friday Five out to her. Let's all be careful on those roadways.
1. Driving: an enjoyable way to clear the mind? a means to an end? a chance to be quiet with one's thoughts? a necessary evil? the downfall of our planet and its fossil fuels? Discuss.
2. Do you drive the speed limit? A little faster? Slower? Have you ever gotten a ticket?
3. Do you take public transportation? When? What's your opinion of the experience?
4. Complete this sentence: _____________ has the worst drivers I've ever experienced.
5. According to the Census Bureau, reverendmother's fair city has the 6th longest average commute in the United States at 29 minutes each way. How does your personal commute rate?
Bonus for the brutally honest: It has been said, and the MythBusters have confirmed, that cell phones can impede driving ability almost as much as drinking. Do you talk on a cell phone while driving?
Those of you who do not drive, or who do not drive regularly, may do whatever you wish with this F5--and you do so with my everlasting envy.
As always, let us know in comments if you play. If you'd like to link, use this code:
<a href=http://www.url-goes-here.com>what you want the link to say</a>
And speaking of "fast" lane, check out a different kind of fast: 30 Days of Nothing: fasting from extraneous purchases. Intriguing stuff.