Go to her blog and CONGRATULATE her for winning this month's tournament - hands down - by number of wins and points accumulated. She gets to choose a topic for this month's trivia challenge.
Anyway, back to this... notice I didn't make it close to being on top AND I played every day. Statistically I had a chance. IN reality, well not so good. So if you want to take advice from someone who didn't make it even close to the best, here it is:
- Play every day - part of the factoring in of who wins is who accumulates the most overall points. It looks at overall wins, points per game and cumulative points.
- The faster you play and the more questions you answer correctly places you closer to the top of the list.
- Most of us have found that go with your first gut answer, it's usually right. Remember, we are playing from a database of questions - none of us gets the same questions in the same order.
- When you check your answers and you find out you have gotten a wrong answer - read up on it - read the information they provide. It seems that if I get one wrong, it's going to dole it out to me again before too long. (I still have to remember to bone up on the difference on a protractor and a compass - I get that wrong every time!).
- When you take the quiz - make sure you inform everyone in your family you DON'T want to be interrupted - you may go hours without anyone talking to you, but as soon as you start taking the quiz, the family needs to urgently talk to you. It's got to be one of Murphy's laws.
Last month's excuses for doing ... not so good...
I haven't had my coffee this morning.
It's WAY too early to be taking this quiz.
My family interrupted me.
Umm. I didn't know this quiz was timed (OK - someone took over 40,000 seconds to take the quiz - now that takes talent!).
Ok... go here - go give Alin a blastin' on her blog - let her know she is tops in August!!
After that, go play Trivia Challenge and have fun!