My husband accompanied my brother this morning to stand on line for a Nintendo Wii. They headed out at oh-dark-thirty this morning but were, sadly, thwarted. There were 30 people in line for 6 units. They are trying to be philosophical about it--"That's the most I was willing to do, so I'm OK with it... imagine the people who waited for hours!" my brother said.
So this is a "Black Friday" Five (aka Buy Nothing Day) in honor of the busiest shopping day of the year:
1. Would you ever/have you ever stood in line for something--tickets, good deals on electronics, Tickle Me Elmo?
2. Do you enjoy shopping as a recreational activity?
3. Your favorite place to browse without necessarily buying anything.
4. Gift cards: handy gifts for the loved one who has everything, or cold impersonal symbol of all that is wrong in our culture?
5. Discuss the spiritual and theological issues inherent in people coming to blows over a Playstation 3.
Leave a comment here to let us know you've played.
And if you can make a link, and if Blogger cooperates, so much the better. Here's the formula:
<a href="the URL of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a>
In other words, have your blog post open in another window, then cut-and-paste the link to your post right into the formula above. At the very least, if your name and your blog title don't match up, do tell us that much.