Friday, June 26, 2009
Friday Five: Talkin' 'Bout...Pop Music
(This is how I like to remember him...)
Happy Friday to you all!
The sad news of Michael Jackson's untimely death has me thinking about music and its effects on us - individually, as cultures, as generations. Let's think about the soundtracks of our lives...
1) What sort of music did you listen to as a child - this would likely have been determined or influenced by your parents? Or perhaps your family wasn't musical...was the news the background? the radio? Singing around the piano?
2) Going ahead to teenage years, is there a song that says "high school" (or whatever it might've been called where you lived) to you?
3) What is your favorite music for a lift on a down day? (hint: go to www.pandora.com and type in a performer/composer...see what you come up with!)
4) Who is your favorite performer of all time?
5) What is your favorite style of music for worship?
Bonus if you include a video of any of the above!
As always, let us know in comments if you play. Post a direct link to your blog entry in your comment using the following formulation in the comment box: <a href="the url of your blog post goes here">what you want the link to say goes here</a> For a complete how-to,