I had the joy of spending time with Songbird last weekend, someone I would have never met had it not been for the blogosphere. Now we keep in touch using a large variety of methods: blog (hers a lot, mine not so much lately), facebook, twitter, text messaging, chat and email. So far there has been no skype.
It got me to thinking of the pros and cons of these relatively new means of communication and interconnecting and so I ask you the following:
1) What have been the benefits for you of social networking (blog, twitter, facebook, etc...)
2) Which medium do you use the most? Or if you use them all, for what do you use each of them?
3) If you could invent a networking site (with no limits on your imagination), what would it provide? What would it not provide?
4) Who have you met that you would not have met if it were not for the 'miracle' of social networking?
5) Who do you secretly pray does not one day try to 'friend/follow' you?
BONUS: What was the most random/weird/unsettling/wonderful connection you made that would not have happened if it were not for the ease of which we can find each other in the computer realm?
As ever, let us know in the comments if you play at your blog. And you'll get more visitors if you add a direct link. For a complete how-to, click here.
Please visit one another to read answers, and I will catch up eventually!