Here is a big THANK YOU to Sophia for trading weeks with me for Friday Five!
With Valentine's Day around the corner, it seems appropriate to write about February holidays. However, I'd never heard of "Waitangi Day" before: Feb. 6 is a holiday in New Zealand to commemorate the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, the founding of New Zealand, in 1840. I'll avoid Fur Rondy, as it is connected with Sarah Palin's home state. BUT I have been corrected by Pastor Julia that this is a wonderful holiday and not related to SP at all.
1. When February comes along, how do you feel about the coming month?
2. What memories do you have about Valentine's Day? Are you doing anything to observe it this year?
3. It is interesting that Monday's "Presidents Day" is not officially called that in every state. It is a U.S. federal holiday entitled "Washington's Birthday." Which is your favorite president and why?
4. Will you be celebrating Shrove Tuesday or Mardi Gras? How?
5. Any other ways to celebrate in February?
Bonus: A Lenten book or website you recommend.
As always, link to this site in the comments. I never can maneuver the correct way to write the link, so go to last week's Friday Five to find out how. Or for a complete how-to, click here.