December 17 -- 2 Sam 7:1-11, 16 or
“For unto us a child is born” – up for grabs
December 19 – nothing and nobody –
Luke 1: 26-38 would be nice --
moved Jenee to Jan 6
PLEASE shout out in the comments if you choose to write one -- we don't need duplicate efforts.
Missing: the cover and foreword (in progress)
Missing: Bible version for some of you and a prayer to end it with.
December 22 - Katharine – in progress with either 2 Sam passage or “For unto us a child is born” passage
December 27 – Susie of Sojourn Stories – in progress
Final one – Me and Jane Ellen (maybe) Tentative – in progress
I’m working on getting it listed at Amazon.com. I don’t want us to run out of time. Here's the fine print:
Lulu offers the Basic Distribution Service for $34.95, which includes
0. A unique ISBN for your book
0. A scannable Bookland-EAN bar code automatically printed on the back cover (not applicable to one-piece covers)
0. Your book listed in Books In Print, the searchable database that librarians, booksellers, publishers, students, faculty, researchers, library patrons and bookstore customers use to find the exact titles they need
0. The ability to take your books into the local bookstore for them to sell
When you purchase the Basic Distribution Service, you will receive one year of placement in the Amazon Marketplace at no extra charge. This service will be added to your shopping cart along with the Basic service.
NOTE: An ISBN only makes your book accessible to retail booksellers. Your book will not be listed as "current inventory" in retail bookstores.
Lulu offers the Global Distribution Service for $149.95, which includes
0. All of the features of the Basic Distribution service except Amazon Marketplace (see above)
Your book is entered into Ingram's database, the largest US book wholesaler. This gets your book into the same wholesale channels as major US publishers and will allow book retailers like Amazon, B&N, and Borders to sell your book. Your title will also be made available in the UK through Bertrams and Gardners, who are wholesalers in the UK market. Your title will be entered into Books In Print, Titles@Ingram, and Neilsons Bookdata (UK) bibliographic databases to facilitate the widest availability around the world.
When will my book be listed outside of Lulu?_Your book is updated in Books In Print on the Wednesday after you purchase a distribution service. However, your book is considered "pending" for about two weeks. During this pending process, your book is checked against the Books In Print database to make sure there are no errors or duplications. This is all to protect you, to make sure your book is accurately listed and totally unique. After two or three weeks, the pending process will be over and you can look up your book.
Most bookstores update their database with new additions to Books In Print once a month. Although you should be able to see your book in Books In Print after two weeks, it may take six weeks or longer to see your book listed in bookstores. This is not the same as being included in an online bookseller's inventory.
After you enable your Amazon Marketplace distribution, your content will be queued for uploading to the Amazon Marketplace. It will take about 24 hours for your content to upload. After it does, your book will be available for purchase on Amazon Marketplace.
The first time you enable Amazon Marketplace distribution, it may take up to five weeks for your cover image to appear. If after five weeks your book does not turn up in an Amazon search result where it should, purchasing a copy should fix the problem. (You can search for it by its ISBN.) This is a bug in Amazon's system and is not under Lulu's control.
0. After you approve your book, it is uploaded to the distribution center (Ingram) within 24 business hours.
0. The printer reviews the book and makes sure everything is perfect. This "pending" process can take up to two weeks. After the book is accepted for printing, it can take another 4 to 6 weeks before your book is available through online retailers.
0. Ingram makes your book available for listing with online booksellers.
0. Online booksellers (like Amazon, Borders, and Barnes & Noble) decide whether or not they would like to list the book. (In our experience, they almost always list it.)
Once a month, online booksellers update their databases with new books. When they update (if the booksellers choose to list your book), you will see your book listed as "currently available." Because most online booksellers only update their databases once a month, it could take four weeks or so for your book to show up on their sites.